What's New on the ISEP Archive
A running account of new developments.
28 August 1999
ISEP Newsletter 8 is now available in PDF and HTML formats. The Newsletter includes information on
the upcoming ISEP XIII meeting and much other good
21 August 1999
9 August 1999
- An attempt is now being made to keep ISEP members and friends
advised on policy and funding matters relevant to evolutionary studies on
protists and other organisms. See the new "News" header on the ISEP home
page and the "policy statements" section of the Money
Hunt page. These items are mostly from the US, reflecting those
sources known to the Webmaster. Members and friends are requested to send
information on items they find to the
for possible inclusion on this site.
- Work continues on the Upcoming Meetings and Money
Hunt pages. Again, members and friends, please tell the
Webmaster about other events, especially those outside North America.
"Resources for Evolutionary Studies" page has been disabled
pending complete reorganization. A companion page, "Resources for
Taxonomic and Nomenclatural Studies" is being designed and, if it is the
will of Allah :), both pages will be implemented when complete.
- The Upcoming Meetings page has been
partially restored. A fuller version, intended to represent, as much as
possible, a "one-stop shopping" site for meetings relevant to studies of
protist systematic and evolutionary biology is in the works.
- A link has been made to the International
Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology Web page. Currently the
International Journal of Systematic Biology, the journal will
adopt the new name in Y2K and will expand its scope to include protists.
31 July 1999
- After a hiatus, the Money Hunt page has been
returned, with updated links.
29 September 1998
26 March 1996
- Hypertext links to the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature Web page, and to Charley O'Kelly's home page.
- New NSF Bulletin linked (Money Hunt page).
10 March 1996
- This "What's New" page appears for the first time.
- The ISEP home page is redesigned, principally to add "keywords"
for the benefit of Internet search tools.
- A new page, "Resources for Evolutionary Studies" is added.
The page consists primarily of two major compilations, one from the WWW
Virtual Library and one from the Organelle Genome Megasequencing
Project WWW page. I have added an additional resource not found in
either of the above. Info on additional sources welcome!
- Hypertext links to WWW pages (when available) and email addresses
of ISEP Officers (ISEP Directory page) have been completed. Just in time for